Sunday, October 24, 2010

La Vida Nueva














Well, I feel super pregnant now. Izzy is squishing my lungs and I started having pain in my pelvis. She moves so much and she's getting so big that I can tell which parts are poking me. I can feel the difference between an arm, leg, and head or bum. Olivia hugs my belly and sometimes lifts up my shirt to pat her hermana.

We have been trying to keep busy here in El Paso. Albert and I picked out Izzy's come home outfit. We are not as in love with it as we were with Ollie's but it seems we just don't like winter clothes as much as summer clothes. I'll try to remember to post a pic of it next time. We had another doctor's appointment and everything is looking good. We are using a midwife this time and I feel really comfortable. She says she just wants to let us do whatever we want and she's just there to make sure all is safe. We also bought a baby doll for Ollie so when Mama & Papa have to take care of Izzy she can take care of her baby.

Ollie really seems to enjoy it here. She loves playing with Jonathan even though he doesn't like to share with her. She follows him around all day. They play on the slide, dance, push toys around, and go through all of the books in the room. We went to a ranch the other day with bisabuela and fed all the different animals. Olivia was fearless and I was scared that all the birds were gonna eat her fingers. Albert and I have been taking the kiddos to the mall to play in the play area and they really love it. This last time we also bought tickets for them to ride a train. Olivia threw a fit when she had to get off. Ollie's eating habits have changed for the worse and it is very frustrating for Albert and I. She won't eat ANY vegetables and only wants carbs or sweets. However her potty training is going awesome. Most days she only has accidents at night, nap time, and for poops. She has even lead me to the bathroom a few times so she could go.

Last week we went to Tia Hizel's house to eat dinner and after we all loaded up onto her bed to play Mario Kart. It's was fun and Ollie fully enjoyed the cat. We also built a house for Weirdo where we could put a heater since it is starting to cool down here. She didn't dig it the first night but the next she went in by herself. I have been very surprised that she hasn't been digging her tunnels here. She has dug in every enclosure we have ever put her in but not here. Weird.

Well, we miss everyone and can't wait to see family soon! We are also squirelling away a little money so we can go to Portland next summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment