Monday, May 30, 2011

Camping, school, developement and stuff.










We went camping! We drove 3 hours out of El Paso where they have a natural spring swimming pool. After we set up our tents it was time to swim, the city Balmorhea is hotter than El Paso, it was 103. The girls had to adjust to the water a little but within an hour they were having a good time. Someone even lent Ollie a floaty to play with. This pool is huge we didn't get a photo to show it's enormity but it is used for scuba instruction because some parts are 30-50 feet deep. One thing that really creeped me out is that the pool is full of fish since it's from a spring. THEY KEPT FOLLOWING ME!

After the first day of swimming we cooked an awesome dinner while Ollie pushed Izzie around in the stroller. The girls did much better than I sleeping in the tent. Ollie whimpered a few times because she likes to sleep up against the wall of her crib and the wall of the tent kept moving but Izzie slept just like she does anywhere else. The next day the girls had zero interest in the pool. Izzie slept while we tried to get Ollie into it but eventually we had to let her sit with her sister while Papa and I swam for a little bit.

We had a few firsts this month, camping and Ollie had her first day of school. She went with Abuela one day. I had hoped she could go all week but it didn't work out that way. She was so cute when I woke her up I told her she was going to school with Abuela and half way through breakfast she kept saying "Afueda, Abuela, Afueda, Abuela" and getting really urgent about it (Afueda means outside).



I have to cut this post short because Ollie and Izzie are demanding some play time right now since their naps are over. Here is a short video of the ladies yesterday.


2 comments: